- The annual export of Turkish goods is worth $139 billion, and currently, the country ranks as the 25th world’s largest export economy. Learn more about import and export business,
- The Turkish market has maintained an incredible comeback over the past years in the import and export industry. This has encouraged the investors and traders to set up their companies in Turkey for participating in this market with a big opportunity for higher profits and returns.
- Turkey is known as an important destination for imported goods in many major countries such as Germany, Russia, Italy, France, and China.
- The main destinations of Turkish exports are Germany, UK, Iraq, Italy, and France, where many different products such as refined oil, automobiles, iron ore, car parts, and trucks are exported each year.
- Turkey’s exports in October 2018 reached the highest monthly level in Turkish history. The value of Turkish exports reached $15,732,000, in the last month, with an increase of 13.1% compared to the same period of 2017, as stated by Turkish Minister of Trade Mrs. Ruhsar Pekcan in a news conference held in the south of Ankara.
- In the same context, the Ministry of Commerce and the Turkish Statistics Agency pointed out that Turkish exports increased during September by 22.4% as compared with the same month last year. The value of Turkey’s exports during September reached $14.456.000.000.
- These figures represent a massive leap from the situation of about 15 years ago. This is in the interest of achieving the goal set by the Turkish government to become one of the top ten economies in the world by 2023.
Metals: copper, iron, mercury, manganese.
Agriculture and food: cotton, figs, grapes, olives, wheat flour, barley, tomatoes, apples, vegetables.
Industry: textile industry, animal and vegetable oils, plastic materials, raw wood and its products, household tools and accessories of all kinds, sugar, cement, tires, auto parts.
Since 1995, Turkey has signed the Customs Union Agreement with European Union countries. According to the agreement, Turkish products must adhere to the specifications with their joint products with the European Union. This agreement applies to industrial goods and manufactured agricultural products.
- Turkey now ranks seventh in the EU’s import list. In the future, there is a good chance that Turkey will become a member of the European Union.
- The Turks mainly import cars, gold, refined petroleum, chemicals, machinery, and others.
- Turkey is also part of the Euro-Mediterranean Partnership (Euromed) Which aims to promote economic integration in 16 countries of the Mediterranean region. The Turkish authorities have signed several double taxation treaties so that foreign investors avoid double taxation.
VAT Exempt Goods and Services (Exemptions without Credit), as well as contract manufacturers to customers in free zones.
- Customs clearance
- Shipping Policy
- Certificate of Origin
- Packing regulations
- Evaporation certificates for wood products
- Health certificates for food products
- Quality certificates are requested in some countries such as Algeria, Morocco, and China.
- Commercial or industrial register
- Import Card (Import Permit)
- Tax card
- Payment document by the bank (document proving the transfer of invoice value outside the country of the importer)
- General authorization of the customs broker certified by the chamber of commerce or industry.
It may seem to you that you need significant capital to work in the field of import and export, but actually, you can establish your business with sufficient equity as a start, then expand your activities after having a better understanding of the market through experience, and gathering information. So you can get offers Import from Turkey with the lowest possib[le expenses.
There are some things to consider when importing from Turkey
You must observe the product quality standards and their conformity with the specific specifications, also free from the manipulation of some companies and factories in quality, to ensure a good presence in the target market. In case you do not have sufficient experience in the examination of your imported goods you can use some of the companies specialized in the examination of Imported goods.
Also, critical things that may be overlooked by Importers are not stating the country of origin or source of origin. This leads to the rejection of your goods in the customs and to charge you a penalty, so you have to pay attention to this matter thoroughly, if your products were manufactured in Turkey, there must be a statement MADE IN TURKEY to avoid any problems or penalties